ighty percent of our students are from low-income families, and most of them must overcome severe disadvantages to realize their dreams. But RTKids is dedicated to bringing music, movement, and a greater love for learning into the life of every child we reach – without charging them a penny.
Still, we cannot keep our programs running without the support of generous benefactors who share our mission. To help us transform the lives of thousands of deserving youths, please choose one of the options below.
The Show Must Go On!
You can easily make a tax-deductible donation by simply clicking this button!Click Here!
By helping to raise the funds needed to provide mentoring and development for these wonderful, talented boys and girls, I truly feel like I’m a part of saving these kids’ lives.Michael Goldstein, Vice President, RTKids Board of Directors
Average Giving Breakdown
Annual Gala Gifts
Gala Gifts (Foundation)
Gala Gifts (Corporate)
Gala Gifts (Individual)
Producers for RTKids
Producers for RTKids is a select group of theater producers who believe in the mission of Rosie’s Theater Kids. With an annual commitment of tickets, referrals, event support, or cash donations valued at $1000 or higher, Producers for RTKids contribute to the development of the Velvet Seat Fund, assist in developing resources within the Broadway and professional theater community and serve as advocates for the organization. Finally, Producers for RTKids have the opportunity to network with other Producers at annual receptions at Rosie’s Theater Kids’ Maravel Arts Center.Click Me!
Interested in being a Producer for RTKids? Contact Lindsay Miserandino at (646) 434-2781 or email@example.com, to discuss your involvement. You can also simply make your “Tax-Deductible Contribution,” and write “Producers for RTKids” in the comments field.
Velvet Seat Fund
The Velvet Seat Fund was created in 2013 to ensure that all of our PS Broadway students can experience the magic of attending a Broadway show.
When we started RTKids, Rosie was stunned to learn that these neighborhood children had never stepped into a Broadway theater. Upon taking our first group of kids to a Broadway show, one little boy surveyed the 200 empty seats in front of him and asked Rosie, “Where do we sit?” Rosie gestured towards all the open seats in the orchestra, to which the young student replied incredulously, “In the velvet?”
Since then, we’ve been able to send over 15,000 students to Broadway shows!Every dollar raised for the Velvet Seat Fund will enable us to purchase more theater tickets for low-income public school children in New York City.
To donate to the Velvet Seat Fund, you may fill out the online form below or contact our Director of Advancement, Lindsay Miserandino, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations entered into the following form will go directly to the Velvet Seat Fund.”
To Make a Donation to the Velvet Seat Fund. . .
Want to Host an Event?
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in planning a special event for RTKids! To get started, please review our event guidelines. If everything sounds good, click the link to fill out our questionnaire.
- If you are interested in organizing a fundraiser, we request that you contact us to discuss your idea at least 2 months prior to the event/project and complete the form we’ve linked to at the bottom of the page.
- RTKids does not partner with individuals to organize fundraisers. The organizer must understand that they will be acting privately and not as an agent of the organization.
- You must first obtain authorization from RTKids in order to use its name, trademarks, and/or logo for promotional items developed for the fundraiser. RTKids must not be used in the title of the event nor listed as a sponsor of the event and a copy of all printed materials must be sent to RTKids for approval before they are distributed.
- RTKids does not sponsor or underwrite any private fundraisers. The event organizer or identified sponsor(s) is responsible for underwriting 100% of the total cost of producing the event.
- RTKids must be informed of any corporations or organizations that will be approached to sponsor the event so as to eliminate possible conflicts with existing supporters of RTKids.
- Gifts made to the event name and/or organizer are not tax-deductible. Only checks made out to Rosie’s Theater Kids are eligible to receive a tax-deduction.
- RTKids will promote fundraisers to the extent agreed upon at the time of its proposal, but will not participate in the sale of tickets or be responsible for providing any sponsors, celebrities or speakers for the event.
Once you’ve filled out our questionnaire, send it to us via mail, fax, or email. Thanks again!
Rosie’s Theater Kids
445 W. 45th St. New York, NY 10036
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org